Opthalmology – See Things Differently
Eye disorders and diseases are common problems afflicting both children and adults. Recent research studies have indicated that ophthalmology problems in adults can be attributed to cataracts, refractive errors, glaucoma and surgical complications. The ophthalmologists in Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland are experienced and trained to deal with the whole range of eye diseases and disorders. They are ably supported by advanced equipment and technologies.
Healthcare 800 – The Platform To Look For Renowned Ophthalmologists
Healthcare800 brings to you the best eye doctors in Northern Virginia (VA) to provide expert treatment and care for all kinds of eye related problems including a simple routine eye examination to more severe conditions of the eye and its surrounding structures. All the ophthalmology specialists in Greenbelt MD, VA, and Washington DC are fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment for treating eye disorders.
The best ophthalmologists in Fairfax Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC provide eye care services including:
- Medical Eye Care which includes conditions like Glaucoma, Chemical burns and Iritis.
- Treatment and diagnosis of eye conditions that are related to other disorders like arthritis or diabetes.
- Vision services like eye examinations, and durgical eye care which includes disorders like crossed eyes, cataracts, trauma among other problems.
EYE DISORDERS AND CONDITIONS OPHTHALMOLOGISTS TREAT
- ACUTE RED EYE – The most likely cause of the red eye is acute conjunctivitis, however, the underlying cause may be difficult to determine.
- CATARACT – Cataracts are a normal part of aging and include the gradual clouding of the clear lens in the eye, which results in a blurred vision and a sensitivity to light.
- GLAUCOMA – Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. The main causes of Glaucoma are genetics, age and even ethnicity (in some cases).
- GRAVE DISEASE – It refers to an apical enlargement of the eye muscles which stimulates other fibroblasts. In Grave Disease, fluid is drawn into the muscle and stored, which eventually leads to the development of scar tissue.
- OPTIC NEUROPATHY – It is an acute inflammatory process of the optic nerve which usually occurs in young adults. It carries a high risk of subsequent development of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
MEDICAL PROCEDURES ADOPTED
- CATARACT SURGERY – It is a surgical procedure to remove the lens of the eye and replace it with an artificial lens. It is generally done to treat the clouding of the clear lens of the eye.
- CORNEA TRANSPLANT – Also known as keratoplasty, it is a surgical procedure to replace part of the cornea with corneal tissue from a donor.
- EYE EXAM – It involves a series of tests that are designed to evaluate a person’s vision and check for other eye diseases. A variety of instruments may be used and it may also involve spotting bright lights directly at your eyes and you look through an array of lenses. Each test evaluates a different aspect of your vision or eye health.
- LASIK EYE SURGERY – LASIK, the acronym for Laser-Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis, is a surgical procedure that eliminates the need for lenses or eyeglasses by improving vision. It is the most common type of refractive surgery and involves changing the shape of Cornea.
The professional eye doctors listed at our platform provide a wide range of consultation services for the evaluation of patients with acute or chronic eye problems and ophthalmology diseases. At HealthCare800, you can search for ophthalmologists near your area and schedule an appointment, anytime. All the eye specialists listed at our website are supported by state-of-the-art facilities and deliver high-quality care, ensuring successful outcomes.